Husky’s Community Investment program supports charitable organizations in the regions where the Company operates, building and strengthening relationships with its neighbours. Priority funding areas include education and training, health and wellness, and community-building initiatives.
Husky works with municipal, Aboriginal and business leaders to identify community needs, and with charitable organizations.
Employees are involved with local organizations and groups in their communities, helping to improve the quality of life for their neighbours.
Health and Wellness
- Support for the Distress Centre in Calgary’s Basic Needs program, which provides counselling and emergency support for immediate needs, such as buying groceries.
- A donation to STARS Air Ambulance, which provides emergency medical evacuations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Support for the Meals ‘til Monday program in Lima, Ohio, which provides weekend meals to children whose primary source of food is the school cafeteria.
- Continued support of power engineering education with scholarships at Lakeland College in Lloydminster, Alberta.
- Continued support of the Earth Rangers’ Bring Back the Wild program, helping more than 180,000 students in Western Canada and Newfoundland and Labrador learn about biodiversity, ecology and the impacts of human activity. School visits included nine on Saskatchewan First Nations, two in Lloydminster and 10 in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Continued support of bituminous research at the University of Calgary, including an endowed chair.
- A donation to MADD Canada to produce a video depicting the consequences of impaired driving, shown at 1,600 schools across Canada.
- A donation to Rainbow Riders, a therapeutic equestrian program in Newfoundland and Labrador that works with children who have physical, cognitive or emotional disabilities.
- Provided the Calgary Emergency Women’s Shelter with furniture and cell phones.
Through corporate donations, employee giving campaigns and volunteer efforts, Husky and its employees support charitable organizations in Canada, the United States and the Asia Pacific region.